TuitionQ allows you to setup a fee to offset the cost of processing Debit/Credit cards and eChecks transactions that are tuition payments. You can access the Surcharge Settings through Admin.
Setting up a surcharge is optional.
- Apply Surcharges to by Tuition Pages: This check box enables surcharging on all of your Tuition Pages, if allowed in your state*.
- eCheck Surcharge: The percent you choose to apply to each eCheck transaction.
- Debit/Credit Card Surcharge: The percent you choose to apply to each Card transaction.
- Cap: Display the maximum percent allowed for your account for the payment method, based on your state’s regulations*.
* You should be sure you are in compliance with all applicable state or federal laws when applying a surcharge. Currently, 10 U.S. states have surcharging restrictions including: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, Oklahoma and Texas.